Wednesday 21 October 2015

Kinte Kunte, Jesus Christ, and Telsa

I have a great deal of sympathy for the character of Kunte Kinte, the original main character of Roots, and that of Deanery of Game of Thrones.  I hope it shows in my abolitionism actually.

I have been exploring means of making a decent income through consulting, and that looks like it is going to mean requiring a nondisclosure form and a basic retainer whether I work pro bono or not.  I am also working on getting my security information with the GoC sorted out.  I am really quite tired of not really existing, and I am looking forward to being "official" when I deal with people professionally.

My body is in a lot of pain from my travels through Stony Plain yesterday, which is sad because Stony Plain is incredibly "walkable" for even the most disabled, other than the irregularity of the curbs in places and the missing walkway on the road from Main Street to the Legion Branch office.

I've been putting a lot of thought lately into concepts like free will, determinism, fate, spirituality, and suffering.  A lot of my friends are interestingly enough deeply spiritual and even Christian, and seem to accept me as one although I myself do not.  A lot of my interest in this subject has to do with the spiritual narrative the D'aasch are using to manipulate with. That, and coming to a better understanding of martyrdom, selflessness, piety, and compassion will result in a better interfaith dialogue between Christianity and Islam, which is going to be essential to the outcome of this war.

Realistically, for best strategic outcome, the people of Canada should be looking to find the similarities between our incredibly unequal social networks, not the differences.  The degree of Islamophobia -- not concern about Boko Haram and the D'aasch as separate terror groups which have been inflicting suffering equally on the heads of Christians and Muslims but rather focusing on the differences between Islam and Christianity and the martyrdom of Christians to the forces of the D'aash or Boko Haram as instances of international persecution -- is truly concerning, because if we as a nation wish to address radicalism, then we need to examine isolationism, extremism of any theological or philosophical basis, and how our communities are failing each other.

The reality of the situation is that we as a world have failed at combatting a scourge that is growing in every rank and file of belief around the world - violent extremism.  You need only take a quick glance at your Facebook feed to see this for yourself; simply count the number of memes making fun of bullets covered in bacon as a solution to the problem.

There are actually far more similarities between Islam and Christianity than anyone truly wishes to admit, and if they could look past their isolationism for a bit, this would become clear.

Particularly in the female narrative.  Unfortunately the female narrative of Abrahamic religions is sadly lacking in nourishment due to the patriarchal nature of the ideology.  However, the Old Testament does issue an order not to investigate the belief's of women too deeply, and Paul forbids women from both speaking in church or walking around with their hair uncovered.  In Islam women appear to hold a somewhat higher level of spiritual authority, which is one of the reasons for the modesty in their piety codes.

Oh good, my other blog site is back up.

Back to the title of this piece.  I've been reflecting on selflessness and service to other a lot recently.  Jesus Christ and other avatars are often offered up as mirrors for us to find ourselves in, and when we fail to measure to our idea of enlightened perfection, we suffer.





No comments:

Post a Comment